Main News Anchor (Two Openings)
Waypoint Media has immediate openings for a main anchor team based at NewsHub in Little Rock, AR.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing ownership groups in the industry.
The Main News Anchor will lead the evening and late weekday newscasts. The position is Monday – Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Anchor a variety of newscasts
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content grammar and punctuation in alignment with editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the on-air broadcasts, the web, and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users in person and on social media sites.
• Mentor younger journalists in the newsroom
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three year’ experience in news reporting or anchoring
Salary & Benefits
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time off & Holiday Pay / Time
Candidates must be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to Shawn Reynolds, Group Director of News and Content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Multi-Media Journalist in Meridian, Mississippi
Twin States News has an immediate opening for a news reporter who can build sources and dive into local issues. The ability to write clean concise stories, meet deadlines, juggle multiple assignments, and planning ahead is critical. This is a fun position with an excellent news staff looking to hire a candidate that will add strength to our already strong staff.
Generate story ideas independently and collaborate with producer on daily news and enterprise stories.
Produce multimedia content with a digital first, TV best philosophy.
Write news stories that can help drive online traffic.
Video skills, necessary
Social media posting
Story Assignments Include:
City & County Government
Some General Interest
Preferred 2+ years of experience working in a TV newsroom.
Organized to meet deadlines.
Dedicated to fair and accurate reporting and who can skillfully relay both the hard news and the human-interest story.
You would be applying for a position with an 11 year old family owned media company in beautiful East Central Mississippi. Located 2 hours West of Birmingham, 3 hours North of New Orleans and 3 hours Southeast of Memphis. Meridian is the operational hub of Waypoint Media & the economic center of the twin states area.
Waypoint Media is focused on bringing engaging content to television, web, mobile and radio broadcasting to our growing audiences. We are not afraid to make the changes necessary to be successful. Our success is the result of an extraordinary team and a dedicated management who work together toward a common vision.
Writing and video samples will be requested of qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
News Reporting: 2+ years (Preferred)
Journalism: 2+ years (Preferred)
Meridian, MS (Required)
Salary & Benefits:
Health & Dental Insurance
Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay/Time
Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license & clean driving record and be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to: email@example.com No phone calls, please.
Group Executive Producer
Are you a great writer and producer? Looking to move up to a Group management role? We are looking for a dynamic leader capable of supervising multiple newscasts, anchors and producers simultaneously. As Group Executive Producer you will be responsible for overseeing the growth of more than a dozen local newscasts per day.
NewsHub in Little Rock, Arkansas is the central newsroom serving our growing group of network affiliates, plus additional broadcast groups. We are broadcasters who believe in local television, quality local newscasts and having fun in a great industry.
The successful candidate will be an experienced local news producer with a minimum of three years to five years of experience, be able to demonstrate creativity and quality of local news production and the ability to teach others.
If you are this person, please send us your resume and a link to your newscasts.
NewsHub is an equal opportunity employer.
WNBJ-NBC 39/CW 39 in Jackson, Tennessee, a part of Waypoint Media, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. You will be responsible for developing, investigating, writing, shooting, reporting and editing stories of interest. Must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories daily. Delivers reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily, posting, sourcing and promoting news stories and coverage
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications, and Internet use
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• College degree in Journalism or related field
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to shoot/edit video, ability to work independently as a “one man band”
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• You will also be required to represent WNBJ at community events during some evening, weekend and early morning hours
Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your demo reel to:
Peter Noll at firstname.lastname@example.org
Waypoint Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Careers in Sales
You’ve read the job postings from the big companies that list all of their job requirements, but you’re reading this ad right now because you’re tired of being treated like a number, tired of spending way too much time filling out paperwork and reports, and tired of the red tape and bureaucracy required to accomplish even the simplest of duties. You most likely wouldn’t be looking for another job unless you were at the breaking point. Welcome to Waypoint Media. We’re one of the very few small family-owned and operated television companies left in America. While the other companies are busy gobbling each other up, we continue to focus on our customer and the communities we serve.
If you’d like to be part of something special with a company whose mantra is “Pay it Forward” then send us your resume. We are seeking good people that want to be a part of a team that has a positive attitude, a great work ethic, and desire to get big results without all of the paperwork, reports, and meetings that keep you from earning more money.
We have openings in sales at all of our markets for the right people. Check us out at…
Lafayette, IN www.starcitybroadcasting.com/employment-opportunities
Jonesboro, AR www.kjnbtv.com/careers
Jackson, TN www.wnbjtv.com/careers
Meridian, MS www.wgbctv.com/careers
Hattiesburg, MS www.myfox23.com/careers
…and see if we are the right fit for you. If so, send us your resume then let’s talk about where you might best fit into our little company that has a big heart.
Waypoint Media is an equal opportunity employer.